Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Simpsons Halloween

I love Halloween. I'd say it's my favorite holiday though I can assure you that once Thanksgiving, Christmas and every other holiday comes around I'll say they're my favorite too! This year was super fun with Ryder, he's really starting to get into the holiday. We made crafts and decorated the house and I had the pleasure of introducing him to a few classics such as Jaws, Hocus Pocus and Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein. He loved them all. We also introduced him to Thriller by Michael Jackson by way of a spontaneous living room dance party.

This year the boys went as Batman and Robin.

Isn't Batman intimidating?
Pretty sure my caped crusaders are the cutest!

Scott and Ryder had a great time turning their pumpkin into a masterpiece in their own right.

One of the many things I am enjoying about staying home is I have time to make some fun projects of my own. I did tons of baking and creative cooking for Halloween week. Everything from Mummy Dogs to Eyeball sandwiches and then lots of cupcakes. I also had the pleasure of making this cute little wreath for our front door. I got the idea to use the Lima beans from one of my favorite blogs All Things Thrifty. She has the most amazing ideas of inexpensive creative things to personalize your home.

This was taken while in the process of gluing on each bean...took like a gillion years...
I'm pretty proud of my finished product!
I also made some fun cupcakes for Ryders preschool Halloween party. His class has 8 boys and no girls so needless to say, the spiders and worms in the dirt were quite the hit!

Hope you all had a safe and FUN Halloween!

~One Halloween lovin' momma

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that they were batman and robin! I got Hailey and Landon SEMI-MATCHING outfits last year on clearance... which BOTH refused to wear this year... They should fit next year!! Hailey's was a Pink Unicorn and she is the princess ridding it, and Landons is a the same but a Cowboy ridding a pony... ADORABLE RIGHT?? Yet they both refused to wear them... So Landon ended up being BATMAN, and well Hailey walked around with her hair ALL cute like a princess in Pink tights and a pink shirt... i choose to not make Halloween Outfits a battle! :)

    ReplyDelete