Monday, February 7, 2011

The Story of our Lives


Growing up in the LDS church I've always been told of the importance of keeping a journal. Though, admittedly, I've never been very good at it.

Lately, as I'm watching my boys grow much too fast right before my eyes I am seeing the importance more and more. They do such sweet/funny/crazy things and I know, if I don't write them down now as the years pass those sweet memories of the silly things they do and say will be lost.

I want to keep them young forever but since that's not an option I can keep their youth alive through my journal.

I never want to forget the little wrinkle nose grin that Luke gives me every time I look at him. I never want to forget the unbelievably adorable tantrum Luke throws when I put him down after holding him that lets me know he loves mommy.

This morning "puppy" Ryder came into our room when he woke up. He was playfully barking and snuggling with me. It was the cutest thing in the world until he licked my face like a true puppy would. Though I found it kinda ikky at the time, I also relished in the moment knowing that soon that little puppy-dog-boy who I so adore will be a grown man and I will long to have that playful boy come barking into my room giving out slobber kisses again.

I'm making a better effort to write down those moments. Those memories that might otherwise be lost that I might never forget the story of our live. I know someday those memories will be a priceless possession that I will treasure for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

  1. Yay, you blogged! You need to keep it up, you used to be on top of it girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE! Hailey licks my face too... NOT my fav thing, but one day I will be sad she is not even WANTING to lick me... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I think about you and see all the happiness in your life- I feel like crying! I think I may be happier for you than you even are for yourself! ;) jk- I just have always felt you deserved the world- and now you have it! :) Your dream life! Love you!

    ReplyDelete