Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Favorite Lullaby

Ryder loves it when I sing him this song at night while I rub his back. Thought I'd share a beautiful song...
"Godspeed (Sweet Dreams)"
***
Dragon tales and the "water is wide"
Pirate's sail and lost boys fly
Fish bite moonbeams every night
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams
***
The rocket racer's all tuckered out
Superman's in pajamas on the couch
Goodnight moon, will find the mouse
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
Godspeed
Sweet dreams
***
God bless mommy and match box cars
God bless dad and thanks for the stars
God hears "Amen," wherever we are
And I love you
Godspeed, little man
Sweet dreams, little man
Oh my love will fly to you each night on angels wings
***
Godspeed
Godspeed
Godspeed
Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that a Dixie Chicks song? Or part of one? Yes, it's part of one. Oh, I miss the Dixie Chicks before they made idiots out of themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, it sure is the Dixie Chicks! And I'm with ya, they sing beautifully, but are political idiots!

    ReplyDelete