Lately it seems like I have been doing lots of talking about what girls want. Or, rather, what I want. Guys ask, I tell. Last weekend I had dinner with a few guy friends, two of which are suffering heart aches from recent break ups and they wanted to know, even with brutal honesty (they know I'd give it) what it is that girls are looking for. Likewise, on Sunday I drove my good friend Mike home after church and we had a very in depth, somewhat one sided-thanks to my big blabber mouth-conversation about what it is that I am looking for in a boy...I mean MAN.
Some say I'm picky. Some say I am afraid of commitment. But whats really wrong with being picky? There are a lot of young LDS guys in this area. Why should I settle on one before seeing what else there may be. I've been married before. I know what its all about. And with that knowledge I know what I need...and more importantly, what I DON'T want.
So, fella's, grab a pen, I'm givin you pearls here.
10 things worth-while girls are looking for.
1: Emotional Stability: Girls are looking for someone they can rely on. If I have a problem I need to know I can turn to the person I'm with for strength. I need to be able to rely on him. I need to be able to openly talk to him with out worrying that he will cut me down or get mad for no reason. We want a partner to help us face life's problems. We also want someone who is decisive and can make a decision.
2: Career/Financial Stability: THIS DOES NOT MEAN A GUY NEEDS TO BE RICH! What this does mean is a girl wants to know that she can depend on you to work to help support your family. Have the ability to get and keep a job.
3. Selflessness: Be a giver, not a taker. Personally, for me, I put everything into my relationships and the person I am with takes priority over me in every way. Because of that I feel that in order to have balance in the relationship I need someone who puts me first over himself. I put him first-he puts me first. See, we both win!
4. Say Sorry!: I have met an awful lot of guys who have such a hard time saying sorry. Why is this?? None of us are perfect! So, when your less perfect side comes out and you make a mistake, say sorry for it. Nobody will think less of you, nobody will think you are a push over. In fact, just the opposite, you will gain a whole lotta respect for it and your relationship[ will be made that much stronger. Even if you dont necessarily think you're wrong, say sorry. Sorry can mean, I'm sorry you're hurt, I'm sorry we disagreed, I'm sorry you dont understand.... Say sorry!!!
5. Be positive: Nobody wants to be around a Debbie-Downer... so smile and see the bright side please.
6. Work hard. One thing that I have learned I can not do with out is a good work ethic. Work hard at what you do. Be the best you can be at it. Set your goals high and work till you reach them. You'll have more confidence in yourself as you work harder.
7. Have fun!!! There is a time for work and there is a time for play. I like to work hard and play hard and surround myself with those that do the same. So, have fun and dont forget to laugh at yourself once in a while!
8. Take pride in your appearance. Not being shallow, but physical attraction matters. If I wanna throw up when I look at you because you haven't bathed or brushed your teeth in a week and there is a lingering cheese smell when you're around I dont care how nice you are it will just never work.
9. Be sensitive but not overly sensitive. Show a little sensitivity in what comes out of your mouth and how you treat those around you but dont be overly sensitive to what others say to you. This is also good advise for girls!
10. And last but certainly not least, Just say NO. To video games, porn, drugs, hooker lookin girls who wanna text you even though you have a girlfriend, and sleeping all day in lieu of getting a job.
So, there ya have it, throw the video games out the window, getta job and brush those pearly whites. Mrs. Right is out there somewhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Amen sista!
ReplyDelete