Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm going come up with a saying that the best photograph is the one that's missed. Fortunately for me, that was not the case yesterday. I had my camera with me and it had just finished raining so I ended up firing off a few shots before the courier arrived. I'm really pleased with the results and with a little more indebth understanding of post editing, it could be an amazing shot. Lemme know what you think.

Hmmm frustrating it is when your aircraft does not work right. Enroute to my destination this morning, my heater failed ( it was about -8 Celsius outside), parts of my ice protection failed and I was lucky to be in and out of icing conditions. Thankfully the flight wasnt too long, so I was able to get on the ground as soon as practical. The aircraft is grounded, for obvious reasons, and either way I wouldn't fly it out till it's fixed. Good times.

Another update along the lines of flying in icing. After the accident of flight Colgan 3407, it became a abrupt reminder to review ice flying. The aircraft I operate do fly in icing conditions and are certified to, but that doesn't mean they are invincible to ice flying. Understand that its not fair to speculate the cause of flight 3407, so the only real opinoin I'll give on said accident is, that I'll read what the NTSB report shows and that will be my opioin. I don't have any facts to be able and suppliment what happened. In anycase, God bless those directly and indirectly involved. This is a hard hitting accident to the aviation community and the familys involved.




1 comment:

  1. Scott! I LOVE these! Seriously. They are amazing. You've got my email address, feel free to send them to me at anytime so I can bask in your amazing photography skills. :)

    ReplyDelete