Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Gotta Love Flying
So this past weekend I jump seated down to LA for kicks and giggles. I woke up Saturday morning, got ready, and arrived to the airport 19 minutes prior to the flight departing. Security, check. Boarding pass with the gate agent, check. Captains permission for the ride, check. The flight was super wide open (like 1/3 of the way full) so finding a seat, check. Chatting with the flight attendants? Check. 15 minutes into the flight, I decide its time stand up and chill in the back with the rest of the crew. Being that I'm getting a free ride, it's common courtesy to ask if they need help with anything. The lead FA asks if I want to hand out peanuts, and by all means yes! It was really interesting to see peoples reaction of a guy dressed up like a captain handing out peanuts. Some people got a kick (these foreigners were asking for more and more peanuts.. funny stuff) and others... well had something to say. "Are these going to have salmonella in them?" anycase, good times on SWA. The ride back was just as quick through security and fortunately I got on (arrive 19 minutes at the airport prior to push). It was oversold so time to go up front and occupy the jump seat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Peanuts, anybody need some peanuts!? I love it!
ReplyDeleteHey, Scott,
ReplyDeleteLearning how to pass out peanuts may be helpful. It's always good to learn new skills; it makes you well-rounded!! (or did I already tell you that?)
--Mom
dig it
ReplyDelete