Friday, March 20, 2009

Transmission Flush? What's That?

Oh, that's that thing you have to do every 60,000 miles to prevent your transmission from blowing up...ummm, yeah, about that....

My transmission blew up. Literally.

Last weekend, as I pulled into the church parking lot for the dance, my transmission took a crap. So, I got to have my beloved MDX towed from the church parking lot last weekend. My car, in all it's beautiful-ness just didn't look right on the back of that tow truck. But, it wasn't so bad, I danced it up at the dance then I got to take a really fun drive with Joe the tow truck driver. Nice guy.

He spoke of various drunk Mormons he has known over the years and his "interesting" "view" on politics into the wee hours of the morning.

But, don't worry. It's only going to cost a cool $5,000.00 to get my car fixed. Chump change, right? I mean, who doesn't have a spare 5 grand sittin' around...

Oh, wait, I don't.

But some how I came up with the money. Now I just want my car back. In the mean time, my brother Bryan has been gracious enough to let me drive his souped up diesel truck which, I have to admit, is kind of fun!

When a guy looks over and sees this little blonde chick with over sized sun glasses behind the wheel of a lifted charcoal gray Cummings diesel truck they cant help but drool. And I cant help but laugh.

In addition to driving my brothers truck around, I have developed a new love for running everywhere I go, you know, pioneer style, with Ryder in the "handcart" aka jogging stroller.

The gym and Wal Mart are only a mile away, it takes me 10 minutes to jog there and I am pretty sure that is just as long as it would take me to get Ryder strapped into his car seat, drive there and get Ryder out of his car seat. So it's a win-win all around. I get my stuff done, burn the most renewable kind of energy, the chubs on my backside, Ryder and I sing Popcorn Poppin' on the Apricot Tree or Birdman on the way and I have also been known to stop and play at the park on the way home. Who can resist it with this beautiful weather...right!?

Anyway, just a friendly reminder to all you crazy kids with automatic transmissions out there...DON'T FORGET TO GET YOUR TRANSMISSION FLUSHED!!

Bet you $5,000.00 I wont make that mistake again!

(p.s. pic's of the new house coming soon to a computer screen near you!!)

1 comment:

  1. YUCK! I hate that! ~ I learned that the hard way too... luckily it only cost me 1K! Matty takes good care of my cars! ~ Have fun driving Bryan's car! I bet it is QUITE the site for all those boys! Make sure to take his car to the next dance... that will be cute! ~ I love the weather now! Parks are SO fun! Hailey yells "slide" whenever we pass one, and everyonce and a while I'll stop and let her SLIDE to her hearts content! ~

    ReplyDelete