Well, what can I say, I have been so frantically absorbed in open enrollment for work, moving, and enjoying every minute I have with my sweet little Ryder that blogging has sadly fallen by the wayside for a bit.
There is much to tell and I am especially excited to show off pictures of my new pad. (Which, by the way, pictures will be coming soon!) Since moving Ryder and I have really experienced an improved quality of life. We wake up in the morning, turn on Mickey Mouse Club House, make pancakes and sit down together to eat. There is no rush to get out the door now that we no longer have to make the hour drive into "town" (I love saying "in to town" makes me sound like such a hick). In addition to that, once I get off work in the evening we make a 10 minute drive and we're home. We play, cook dinner together and Ryder bathes in his swimming pool of a tub. I can honestly say I've never been happier or felt more at peace with my life. I really feel like I am in the right place at the right time. This is where we (Ryder and I) need to be.
Every night when I tuck Ryder into bed in his very own "big-boy" room we kneel down in prayer together and thank God for blessing us with such abundance. Words can not express my deep and sincere gratitude for the many ways my life has been blessed. I know that without God I would have and be nothing. He knows Ryder and He knows me and we have not been forgotten. That knowledge in and of itself is such a blessing.
One night a couple weeks ago, after Ryder and I had finished our nightly bedtime routine, I was feeling overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. Ryder, who is, much to my amusement, adamant that he gets to say the prayer at night, had just finished his bedtime prayer. In his little two year old voice with mispronounced words he thanked his Father in Heaven for "mommy and daddy and Lightning McQueen and mostly thank you for pa". It absolutely brought tears to my eyes.
After I rubbed his back for a bit, I kissed his check and stood up to leave the room, I stopped to close his blinds in his window and noticed that, on that clear night, because our house is perched up on a hillside, I could see the top of the temple all lit up. I had not noticed it before. But there it was, the temple, visible from my sweet little boys bedroom. What a blessing, and what a reminder of the things that we must aspire to everyday. What better view to give my son than that of the temple. For that, I am so grateful.
There is much to tell and I am especially excited to show off pictures of my new pad. (Which, by the way, pictures will be coming soon!) Since moving Ryder and I have really experienced an improved quality of life. We wake up in the morning, turn on Mickey Mouse Club House, make pancakes and sit down together to eat. There is no rush to get out the door now that we no longer have to make the hour drive into "town" (I love saying "in to town" makes me sound like such a hick). In addition to that, once I get off work in the evening we make a 10 minute drive and we're home. We play, cook dinner together and Ryder bathes in his swimming pool of a tub. I can honestly say I've never been happier or felt more at peace with my life. I really feel like I am in the right place at the right time. This is where we (Ryder and I) need to be.
Every night when I tuck Ryder into bed in his very own "big-boy" room we kneel down in prayer together and thank God for blessing us with such abundance. Words can not express my deep and sincere gratitude for the many ways my life has been blessed. I know that without God I would have and be nothing. He knows Ryder and He knows me and we have not been forgotten. That knowledge in and of itself is such a blessing.
One night a couple weeks ago, after Ryder and I had finished our nightly bedtime routine, I was feeling overwhelmed with gratitude and joy. Ryder, who is, much to my amusement, adamant that he gets to say the prayer at night, had just finished his bedtime prayer. In his little two year old voice with mispronounced words he thanked his Father in Heaven for "mommy and daddy and Lightning McQueen and mostly thank you for pa". It absolutely brought tears to my eyes.
After I rubbed his back for a bit, I kissed his check and stood up to leave the room, I stopped to close his blinds in his window and noticed that, on that clear night, because our house is perched up on a hillside, I could see the top of the temple all lit up. I had not noticed it before. But there it was, the temple, visible from my sweet little boys bedroom. What a blessing, and what a reminder of the things that we must aspire to everyday. What better view to give my son than that of the temple. For that, I am so grateful.
We have love and the spirit of God in our home. It's how I know we are right where we are suppose to be. Thank God for our many blessings. And thank God for giving me Ryder.

What a beautiful experience. I am so glad that the silver lining is finally showing through. :)
ReplyDeleteThat makes all the other little things SO much more perfect!! I love that you were a "HICK"! I used to call it BFE... (butt...freak...egypt) when I drove out to your house the 3 times i think i did it! I love that you are happy! YEAH! ~
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing that Bear...isn't blogging the BEST???? We can all share joys, sorrows, laughter and just each other =). I miss you so much and really I am looking into tickets to come for a while. Kev just threw out the possibility of Disneyland soon so maybe after that =). I am SO excited for you to meet Branson!!!!!!! I am also DYING to see what you are doing to your new "pad" =).
ReplyDeleteNow I really can't wait to see your place. What a wonderful realization. I'm always so proud of you and your positivity & gratitude:)
ReplyDelete