So this update, again is far too long from being updated. I feel like there a billions things I need/would like to do like work out more often, learn a TON about photography and photoshop, and aviation knowledge I should keep up on. Growing up, my mom always told me to be well rounded, which I thought was pretty lame at the time. I had a one track mind of mountain biking and I swore at 14 that I wouldn't be interested in anything else. Granted I go mountain biking from time to time (should more often to stay in shape, but whatever) to relish in that freedom and enjoyment that entertained me for many years, but I'm finding that my intrests are ever expanding. Photography being the primary one these days. In the past few years I've enjoyed taking a few snapshots when out with friends or to document activites. Now it's more extensive with understanding what makes for a good pictures and making post editing that yeilds for intersting expression. It's become almost overwhelming because I want to have awesome shots and know how to use photoshop to prefect them more, but really photography is an expression of a number of differnt things. I'm finding that with my current gig (flying cargo around the western states) I have free time to explore differnt cities and sceneries. This provides such a great way to pass time, and utilize a vast creative palette. Again, overwhelming primarely becasue I want the most intresting shot, and it seems like the more time I spend looking at other pictures, the more I relize I don't like the captured image as much as the next persons. Oh well, the learning about it is fun so as long as I go that direction, I'm solid. hmmm Work? work is going good. I have a job, and right now thats very fortunate becasue pilot jobs are few and far between. Idealy I'll upgrade into larger and more advanced equiptment that will give me an opertunity to go to a major airline like southwest or the like. Hopefully by then the economy will improve and jobs will be a plenty. Until then, time, experiance, and travel will be the bill for now. US FLT 1549... being a pilot I get asked about that a lot. It's kinda funny.... any current event, people like asking someone in that field what they think about it. Hahaha.. in my silly sense of humor, it would be random to respond, "oh yeh, that guy did a terrible job... landed in the water? didn't he know there was an airport just a little ways ahead?" okay, too far with that I suppose. But seriously, that was a very impressive display of skill and excellent crew resource management. The flight attendents safely exited the passengers, the two flight crew members did what they were trained to and with that, no one died. It was intrestin to see the footage of the location becasue I lived just around the corner from that part of NY. I used to ride my bike along the river right where the aircraft touched down at. The alternate airport the captain was shooting towards was the airport I used to fly out of. Having flown out there, it doesn't supprise me his choice of ditching. There aren't many open areas to putdown an airbus 320. Kudos to flight 1549. alright, thats all i feel like writting. mabe this will get me back into the habit. I'll leave you with some pictures too.
Hooray 6 months later! Woo hoo! And yes, that was an incredible landing in the river. Too bad you didn't still live there and didn't get to take some sweet photos of that huh?
ReplyDeletethos are some pretty impressive shots
ReplyDelete