Well, it's official, the summer fun has officially begun. I could not be happier. There is something about this time of year that really makes me come alive. It's as if I am getting some sort of sunshine-high. No, really, it's hard to get me down on a day like Ryder and I had yesterday. It was blue sky as far as you could see and a perfect 85 out. Becky had a few people over for a day of swimming, laying out by the pool and lunch. It was a great start to Mothers Day weekend.
This Mothers Day I am reflecting over the past 20 months full of all it's ups and downs and some how all the hard times seem such a distant memory to all the moments of joy Ryder and I have had together. He brings more joy to my life than I could have ever imagined. Everyday I am blessed with the opportunity to see the world all over again through his eyes. Even on the worst of days I can look, see his crooked little grin, and smile. There is nothing that makes me happier than being Ryders mommy.
This weekend was no exception to the great times Ryder and I have together. Ryder, who normally is my water baby (he screams when you tell him bath time is over), was a little timid in the water at first. I think he had a fear of not being able to touch the bottom of the pool. After about 10 minutes of clinging to me for dear life he loosened up a bit and was ready to check out his super cool new "wave runner". It wasn't long before he was "driving" all around the pool saying "kick, kick, kick" and "vrooom-vrooom". The kid had a blast! And so did I.
Happy Mothers Day to all my amazing friends and family who show me such great examples of motherhood.
Splish-Splashin around!
Vrooom-Vrooom Driving his "waverunner".
He had a serious kung-fu grip!
Playing fetch with Lucy!
After an amazing day playing in the sun Becky and I went out (sans Ry-baby) with a few friends to a party in Folsom. It was a great day!

Hey Sara. I'm so excited you have a blog. Your Son is SO cute! I love all of your pictures. David and I have a blog too, check it out... themizes.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteLove Ya!
Jenn (Boehrer) Mize
Hey sara you have a blog. cool you should the haas fam.
ReplyDeletehttp://haasfamblog.blogspot.com/ you look great.
Lanie
How fun! I love this weather as well! Hopefully Montana will like the water. She loves the bath, and has tried the spa, so we'll see.
ReplyDeleteYou look gorgeous as always...where did you get your suit? I love the color!! I am SO glad you joined the blog world!
Oh my gosh! What a surprise! I have totally been thinking to call you for about a month or so now. Thanks for beating me to the punch. I've been way more sick this time around so I kind of have been laying low. I really want to get together and catch up too. Let's do lunch and the park unless it's a lunch break outing. If I don't hear from you this week, I'll call you next week. Maybe I'll see ya at Stake conference this weekend. Take care, I love your blog!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that you have a blog! I love lengthening my Friends list on my blog! I am going to show it to my mom.
ReplyDeleteDARLING swimsuit by the way. Oh, yeah, and Ryder is stinkin cute!!!!!
Cute pictures! I love your blog! I am so excited that summer is here...I agree with you, I love sunshine highs. It was fun seeing you the other day too! Ryder is getting so big from the last time I saw him!
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah! Your little Ry-bay is so cute and handsome! Cute blog. I want to come swimming with you and Becky sometime this summer. I'm ganna call Becky and set something up. :)
ReplyDelete