
Sooo for reasons I won't go into, I'm in LAX for the night and I figured this would be a great time to update my blog with whats been going on. A recap over the past week would be more then enough, so I'll keep it simple and sweet. On may 4th there was a redbull air race in San Diego that was attended by myself and a few friends. We stayed in a hotel the night before just to save the early drive the next morning... We wanted to get there early to make sure we had a good spot for the festivities. Our spot was PRIME for the best seats in the house. We were on Coronado Island, without anyone in front of us. Complete with BBQ, chairs, and the like mindedness of pilots, we were there to cheer on the competition. Sadly, Mike Mangold, who I've referenced before, got second, but the seasons young and we are hopeful.
The same weekend, there was an air show in Riverside that had the Thunderbird's, static displays, and many other aerial performers. Kinda random that aviation had a weekend together in Southern California, but for someone like me who loves it, twas a great chance to get my fill!
Before training started, I had a lot to do at the house. Like pack, which the smart guy that I am, I put off till the eve of the day I needed to be heading out. Part of that involved doing a ferry flight from the Palm Springs area.
Not a bad way to end a little over a year flying with the UAVs in so cal. I'm certainly looking forward to the next gig that I'll be starting shortly. I've been really fortunate in the connections that I've made while in Apple Valley, in addition to the cool opportunities I've had. Thank you once again to those who made that possible. I'm sure I have lots more to add to the blog, but its seriously 2:43 in the morning right now, and I'm sitting in LAX. Again, if you REALLY want to know, just ask. I hit the rocks a few more times within the past week, which has been great because I've missed the physical effort and skill it takes to move ones body up a slab of granite. The decent down can be just as fun though! Sadly I won't have time in training for that sorta stuff, but that's okay. I'll be busy with learning how to fly the aircraft the airnet way! :-) Hmm thats all I got for now. I'll throw an update about my weekend in Chicago if I ever make it out there. Then its onto the grind! Holler....

No comments:
Post a Comment