Sunday, June 22, 2008

A fun day gone sour.




Josh has begun taking Ryder every other Saturday. I am so happy that Josh has, at least for now, decided he wants to make more of an effort to be a part of Ryder's life. And, I will admit, the break from mommyhood is welcome. I love being a mommy more than anything in the world, but when you are a working single mom you just never, and I mean, NEVER get a break. Ryder still comes to work with me 3 days a week which is such a blessing but as Ryder is getting older it is becoming more and more difficult. Ryder will be two in August and is at the point where he loves being around other kids. So, for him, playing in my office from 9-5 is not terribly exciting! Anyway, I am enjoying the every other weekend break but at the same time when Ryder is away I miss him terribly. So, I have decided on the weekends I have him I am going to make the absolute best of our time together doing the things that Ryder would want to do (you know, rather than cleaning, grocery shopping, ect.).

So, yesterday after a trip to the gym, which on a side note, if you have kids and are looking for a gym to join you absolutely MUST check out 24 hour fitness in Folsom! They just moved to a new location and the new kids club there is incredible!!! They have all sorts of fun things for the kids to do, so much that when I go to pick Ryder up after my work out he never wants to leave! haha He says, "No, Mommy, Ry-Ry play!" Anyway, back to the point, after the gym I took Ryder to this place I heard about on the Internet called Bouncopolis in Folsom. Our good friends Marc, Stacy and their beautiful little girl Montana (who is just a few months younger than Ryder) joined us. It was fun playing with the kids in the bouncy house and going down the slide. We were a little disappointed by how big it was, or should I say, by how small it was, but fun all the same. There was this little boy there with his dad who was an absolute terror! Really, you all know me, I always give the benefit of the doubt when it comes to two year olds they are aggressive by nature. Ryder is going through the swatting stage right now but I am working diligently to stop that. But, this little boy was worse than any two year old I've seen. He tackled Ryder to the ground on several occasions, and not in a playful manner, but in a very aggressive manner. At one point I had to pry this kids fingernails out of Ryders ears. I was being very patient with the kids dad but I was really annoyed I kept thinking "give that kid a time out for crying out loud!!!!". Through all the shenanigans of this little terror I was so proud of Ryder, he never tried to be aggressive back. Every time the kid attacked Ryder, Ryder would just tell him "NO NO NO NO!!!" and shake his finger back and forth. Which is funny cause that is what I do when Ryder gets in trouble.


After Bouncopolis we went with Marc Stacy and Tana to LaBou for lunch. I had a great time talking to my friends. I am so grateful for my friends that have such wonderful relationships with their spouses. It gives me hope that someday I will find that. Marc and Stacy are a wonderful couple and I always enjoy spending time just talking with the two of them.


After lunch Ryder and I said good-bye to the Rogers and headed to the mall for the air conditioner (it was 104 yesterday) and so I could make an exchange. On our way home from the mall we stopped at Arco. While the car was filling up Ryder and I went inside to get some juice. I was just about to open the glass door to get Ryder some apple juice when Ryder threw up all over the place....like 3 times. I felt so bad for my baby. It was a lot! I'm takin, dinner from the night before was comin up. So I rushed him to the bathroom to clean him up. Then I let the store clerk know about my babys "accident". I will say the store clerk was not very happy with us. I had been hoping the throw up was due to something he ate and not that he is actually sick. But then last night he threw up 3 more times. Once on my bed and twice in his bed. I did like 5 loads of throw up laundry last night. Extra fun!


This morning I was scared to let Ryder eat or drink anything. But of course he is super dehydrated so I gave him a sippy cup with water and some crackers. I got this big black plastic bag and put it on his lap. I told him, "If you're going to spew, spew in this."(...I don't think he got the Waynes World reference though.). I'm telling you that was genius! Last time he was sick, like 2 months ago, I did the throw up in the bowl thing, which didn't work for a couple reasons. First, he missed the bowl half the time and second, cleaning his vomit out of the bowl made me gag every time. So, the plastic bag is perfect!!!


Hopefully Ryder will feel better soon! I hate it when he is sick. I wish I could do something to help him. All I can do is pray.


Yesterday was so fun. Even after Ryder threw up he was his naturally cheerful self. I am so grateful for him.

5 comments:

  1. SO fun to see that you have a blog! I can't believe how big Ryder is! He is such a cute boy! We love bounceopolis too...if you go on a week day no one is ever there and then you can go in the back room too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't finished yet...hope Ryder feels better soon! Its so sad when they are sick. We should get together next time you are in Folsom...Aida said she wants to play with Ryder!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad we got to spend time with you guys. I'm so sorry Ryder got sick. I don't know how Montana didn't catch it since they shared fruit and cookies, but, I'm crossing my fingers. It'd be pretty difficult to try to move if we all caught the flu! :) So sorry...sick babies are tough. Hope he feels better soon. Didn't he just have the flu???

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little trooper. Bless his little heart. I miss you guys terribly and can't wait to see you. we are in Colorado now and I have yet again, a new number. I'll text it to you k? I love you and always will!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sara, yah, lets get together! We should go swimming somewhere, I'm always hot! Lets both bug Becky to let us go over there and swim. :)

    ReplyDelete