Tonight my Dad was kind enough to watch Ryder for a while so I could run out to Wal Mart to pick up a few things. I got some face wash, milk and this Lightning McQueen toy I saw and decided Ryder needed on a whim. After all my shopping was done I headed to the check out.
As I was standing in line I noticed the mom in front of me with her 3 kids. All boys, probably ages 9, 7 and 6 months. They were all dirty. I know that sounds rude, but, they really looked like they had a tough life. In their basket was a super soaker gun and a bike. The two older boys were so excited for their new toys mom was buying them. They were jumping up and down and yelling "Hurry Mom!! Hurry!!". They couldn't wait to get home and play!
Their mom went to pay and her card was declined. She tried again, but still, declined. She then had to tell her boys that her card didn't work and they couldn't take their toys home. Immediately they began to cry. My heart was broken. I held back the tears as I watched these boys sob. By looking at these boys they didn't have much. And by the excitement they had in their voice I knew getting new toys wasn't something they were accustom to. I felt so bad as these boys cried and begged their mom to find a way to buy the toys. As they walked away I was tempted to just buy them for them, had the toys not been over 100.00 worth I would have! I will admit I felt angry towards the mom for letting her boys get their hopes up with out knowing she had the money to pay.
As I walked out of the store in my designer jeans with my coach purse and got in my Acura SUV I realized what an ungrateful person I can sometimes be. My life is not easy. The past few years have been incredibly trying. Dealing with a failing marriage, becoming a new mom, then a divorce and trying to find the balance as a single mom I have found myself at times feeling incredibly sorry for myself. I get so caught up my trials and the things that aren't going great in my life that sometimes I over look the incredible blessings I have.
I have been blessed more than I could have ever asked. Heavenly Father has provided for Ryder and I with such abundance. I have an incredible family and tons of amazing friends who would do anything for me. My parents have given Ryder and I a place to live rent free. Denise has given me the ability to earn a great living all while still being a full time mommy. I have the best job in the world. Ryder and I don't want for much. We have everything we need. A roof over our head, food on our table and the love of those around us.
I feel bad that it sometimes takes seeing those who are less fortunate for us to realize how fortunate we truly are. We all need to take time out to count our blessings. They will always out weigh our trials. But, I believe, we even need to learn to be grateful for our trials. With every trial we are given we are doing the very thing we were sent here to do... learn.
I am so grateful for my Father in Heaven for blessing my life so fully. Without Him I would be and have nothing. I am grateful for parents who have taught me faith, a positive attitude and a strong work ethic. I am grateful for my beautiful baby boy, for his beautiful smile and sweet spirit. I am grateful for such a wonderful blessed life. I am even grateful for my trials because they have taught me valuable lessons that have made me the woman I am today.
Take time and "count your many blessings, see what God has done".
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome to the blogging world! Those poor boys, their life so far has been full of disappointment's. Thanks for reminding us to remember how blessed we are.
ReplyDeleteWow! The subject of gratitude has been on my mind so much lately! You're so right. It's so important to be grateful especially in our times of trials b/c it can help us to get through anything! We still need to get together. Talk to ya soon!
ReplyDeleteYou are SO wise to know this now! Some people NEVER learn this, and that is what is truley sad! I was just recently telling sharon that I would rather have a house that i could not sell than not have a house at all! We really are blessed, and Heavenly Father is going to give us the trials that we need. He will never give us more than we can handle! I love you and I thank you for reminding me why we are here! xoxoxo ! ~ BIRD
ReplyDeleteSad story...it's so hard to see things like this, but so good for us to remind us how blessed we truly are!
ReplyDelete