Okay, to update those who don't know, I'm hired by the company that I have been training with for the past two months! (FINALLY). It certainly wasn't an easy road, but its well worth it. I'm currently based out of an airport in New Jersey called Teterboro (TEB is the airport identifier). It's a very busy GA airport (General Aviation, which means pretty much anything other then airlines... so your corporate jets, your sunday flyer, etc. Good, now you know something new about flying!), one of the busiest actually. The times that I have been flying out of it, its fairly quiet, although that is because its 4:30 in the morning when I depart. Usually when I come back, however, there is a fair amount of traffic holding short (lined up behind the runway) waiting for departure. The mix is usually something of Gulfstreams, Lear Jets, Citations, King Airs, etc (google image helps). ANYWAYS so that gives you an idea of whats going on. Oh yeh, there are three other MAJOR airports close by in which many airlines arrive and depart daily. LaGuardia, Newark INT, and JFK... just to name a few. That being the case, it's ever so busy during the day time with many of the controllers. Watch out!
I haven't been downtown as of YET, but probably by the time you reach this, I'll have hit up NYC ever popular Macys 4th of July Fire Work Display. I'm relatively excited about that, and being able to see some of the popular sites in the big apple. Having not been to the east coast, this experience should prove to make life interesting. Backtracking a little further, I had quite the travel experience one weekend. Thursday evening I woke up at 5pm, at din din, got ready and headed down to do some training/checkride (final test sorta thing) work. Got done around 4am and then headed back to the hotel to get stuff, catch a flight from Columbus, to Ontario, cali. When I got in, someone picked me up, drove me back to apple valley (my previous location of residence) so I could pack my remaining things, and drive home to nor cal. So far in that time period the only sleep I got was like a quick nap on the airplane. Suck. Anyways, a 6 hour drive to nor cal (with strategic caffeine usage, :-/ ) and I'm back home. Unfortuantly, the rear brakes on my car started to show signs of wear and I didn't want to leave my sis with a failing car, so rolling in at 11:30 and I'm already ripping the rear of my car apart. finally get to sleep around 1:30ish (clean up, unpack a little and check e-mails) total sleep, 7 hours. Okay. Wake up, finish unpacking, grab a quick bite with some friends and it's catching a plane back to ohio that evening. again, not much sleep on the plane a minimal nap if that. Back in ohio I got a little bit of sleep... like 7 hours, and then its driving to NJ. FINALLY when I got in, I was able to catch some Z's. Wow. that was a lot of not sleep over a long weekend. The end.
haha. So anyways Ive done a few cool things in NJ sense I have been here. I longboarded across the George Washington Bridge, went to a Fort Lee (where I live) street fare, and Drove on the New Jersey Turnpike... picture time!
So from L to R and T to B, heres the scoop.
Driving from Ohio to New Jersey took me through several differnt states. One of them being West Virgina. Along the way, there were several tunnels that were a couple of miles long each. I thought that was pretty cool. Hmmm looks like I got a little out of order on picture line up, but oh well. I'm lazy and not going to fix it. The next one is an airborn shot (me flying) over Central NY. We have a beautiful bridge shot looking at NYC with a sunset... The video is crusing between Buffalo New York and Teterboro NJ. Lastly we end it off with me long boarding over the GWB (George Washington Bridge). Dunno why I'm sticking my tongue out. (FYI, click on pics to enlarge)






Yay! I like those pics. NYC should be way fun for the 4th! You better fill me in on the details. I just went to Parowan for the 4th... your story will be way better!
ReplyDelete