Monday, August 25, 2008

Birthday Party Fantasticalness

***
We celebrated Ryder turning the big T-W-O last Saturday with a Lightning McQueen party. It was a ton of fun! We BBQ'd at Livermore Park in Folsom. It is number 1 on my list of super-dupper-fabulous-parks in the Sacramento area. It has BBQ/picnic areas galore, play grounds made up of all kids dreams, tons-o-grass, sand volleyball areas, and the thing that makes this park the most fantastic, the waterfall play area.
***
"Uncle" Marc was kind enough to man the BBQ for me. He grilled up some awesome (as always) tri-tip, my mom brought potato salad (her specialty), Denises brought fruit salad (so good! It even had kiwi- I LOVE kiwi!), then of course we had chips and drinks.
***
Lots of Ryders friends (and of course my friends) and family came out to celebrate with Ryder.
***
Getting ready to light the candle...








Ryders "Cars" cake was vanilla cake with a custard center...mmm






I think it's safe to say that Ryder LOVED it!




...And so did Tana!



Chillin'

My Favorite picture of Ryder... this really captured how excited
he was to open the presents and find a new toy!

Rippin'em open!






My brother Bryan and his cute new girlfriend, Kat.



Water fun!


I think hands-down my favorite moment of the party was when Ryder was all excited opening present after present when finally he opened up a gift bag from Auntie Kimmi to find a new shirt and shorts. Ryder looked in the bag, paused for a second, then without pulling anything out shook his head back and forth disgusted and said "no-no!" It was pretty funny! (It was a "socks" moment for those of you who love A Christmas Story as much as I do.)


We all had so much fun! Thanks so much for everyone who came to celebrate this special day with Ryder and me. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friends!

**KISSES**

5 comments:

  1. So lame that we missed it! I think about Ryder every time I get in my car b/c his present thumps around like crazy back there!

    Call me with a time you can go to lunch w/ me. I'll get a sitter:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had tons-o-fun! :) We love Ryder and were so happy to be a part of it. Montana especially loved the cake! :) Thanks for letting us be a part of his day! We love spending time with you, and your family and friends!
    P.S. you need to change ryder's ticker on the side of your blog to his 3rd birthday. Third year??? seriously, where has the time gone?? :) Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY, Ryder is officially in the terrible two's! Now the fun really begins! The birthday party was so fun...even though we were all zombies from playing so hard the previous night ;-)

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOO much fun! Thanks for having us even though we forgot his present! (what a LOOSER FRIEND I am) YEAH! It is SO great to be able to get together and see friends! So glad Marc and Stacy were there.... Matt LOVES Marc! HAHA It was a great time! I love to celebrate these things! This is what is important these days! ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a totally cute party and I loved that you did it in the park. I just wish we could of stayed longer, I'm so sorry!

    ReplyDelete