Sunday, August 10, 2008

a little rant

okay, so here is my complaints about new jersey and some (or most part) of the east coast. I know this is far away from my normal, yay check out what im doing posts, but i at least need to forewarn the west coasters or help em appreciate some of the stuff out there. #1. Cash back from gas stations, convience stores, etc... there is NO place that does it! Grocery stores, yes? but if I stop to get gas, I can't get cash back if I make a purchase! Its stupid! Sure the store has an ATM but they charge ya 2 bucks plus whatever your bank charges... dumb. Well to go along with that, you need cash for EVERYTHING! there are some places that take Visa, but really is not every where you want to be.

Tolls. Sure the west coast has 1 or 2... ya know like across the golden gate (i think its 4 bucks, right?) and mabe a few other bridges in the bay area. Out here? you can't walk outside your house without paying a toll! seriously. Doesn't matter if your going a block or across the state, its gonna cost ya! It's 8 flippin bucks to go into NYC with your car. If your even think about parking... its going to be another 20 an hour at least. haha.

Public transportation... surprisingly its not too bad, but thats aside from the heat in the subways, the terrible smell, the amount of rats you can count while waiting for your train and that it smells... did I mention that? Aside from that, it does okay to get you where you want to go. At least in the NYC area. Over on my side in NJ, I haven't looked into the buses because they don't seem like they would be effective. Anyways. End rant.

It's cool living out here and seeing all the cool/interesting things around the town, but certainly my heart lies in cali. I love the weather, the surf/snow in n out, and many other wonderful things that most people know that I enjoy out there. Sorry for no new pics on this post. I'll work on picking up a few good ones as I'm out and about!

1 comment: