Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Ry-baby!!


I CAN'T BELIEVE MY BABY IS TWO!!!
***
Over the past two years Ryder has grown right before my blue eyes! It's hard to believe that two years ago today I laid eyes on my little Ry-baby for the first time.
*
Ryders in bed now for the night, as he is every night around 7ish, and I am enjoying this quite time to reflect over his life. I truly have enjoyed every moment of being Ryders mom. The up's the down's, the singing songs, the poopy diapers, the bed-time stories, throwing up, bath time, trips to the park, and the swimming pool, Halloween costumes, Christmas mornings...all of it! Ryders birth was a very...very....very....VERY long birth (that part I didn't enjoy)! I labored for a total of 56 hours, no that's not a typo, 56 hours, before ending up with a C-Section. Ryder entered this world August 18th 2006 a very healthy 10 pounds 7 oz. (again, not a typo). Since that time I have enjoyed watching Ryder and learning about the person he is.
*
He has a very sweet, kind, patient spirit. He is rarely upset. Even as a new born he didn't cry often. He slept through the night starting at 3 days old. He has always been a very smiley baby. He loves to laugh. I could not have asked for a more perfect little boy.
*
Today, for Ryders birthday, his grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and a few friends called to wish him a Happy Birthday. Each time he was asked "How old are you?" Ryder would respond with a very confident, "I'm 5!". (I always knew he was wise beyond his years!) We all got a good laugh out of the adorable-ness of that each time he said it.
*
I have this unspoken rule that on your birthday you are "king" (or queen) for the day and get whatever you want. So, Ryder lived it up today eating cookies and ice cream and watching his favorite movie "Kachow", aka Disney Pixar's "Cars".
*
Ryder is the joy of my life. I so desperately want to be the very best mom for him. I always want him to know how much I love him. I want to teach him right from wrong and show him through my example to live the gospel everyday. I want him to be selfless and humble. I want him to be strong and hard working and to know that nothing in this life comes with out hard work. I want him to be able to see his own weaknesses, to be kind to all those around him. I want him to be secure with himself. I want him to know it is okay to make mistakes, but when you do you must get up, wipe the dust off, learn from it and grow stronger. I want him to someday be a great husband and father for his own family.
*
I have been trusted with such a great responsibility to care for and teach this son of God. Sometimes knowing that I have been left to do it on my own is a thought that is hard to bare. But in that same thought I am reminded that I am not alone. Not only do I have the love and guidance of a very loving Heavenly Father but He has also surrounded me with many wonderful friends and family who help tremendously. For that I am forever grateful.
*
There is a song by Sara Evens called "You'll Always Be My Baby". I LOVE this song. It is truly the kind of mother I hope to be for Ryder. Listen to the song when you have the chance, but here is the last verse:
***
There he is, my little man
I'm sure he'll get in trouble every now and then
And I pray to God, that when he does
I'll be just as understanding as my Father was
Cause the last thing I wanna do is let him down
So instead of being angry
I'm gunna throw my arms around him and I'll say
In the sunlight or the rain
Brightest nights or darkest days
I'll always feel the same way
Whatever road you may be on,
Know, you're never too far gone,
My love is there wherever you may be
Just remember that you'll always be my baby.
***
Happy Birthday Ryder. Know, that I love you, and you will ALWAYS be my baby!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Ryder!
    I love that song that you quoted. It is one of my favorites. It's rare that you hear a song about a Mom and her Son, they are always about Mom's and Daughters or Dad's and Daughter's. Now that I am soon to have my own baby boy, that song means even more! I'm sure you are the BEST Mom in the world for Ryder and he sees it every day! :) Love Ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest post ever. I'm going to have to go listen to that song. Funny that we both posted about country songs on parenthood. I hadn't even seen this post yet. I love country music. So relatable...

    Anyway, you are such an inspiration to me of an amazing mom, and you can see that Ryder absolutely adores you.

    Happy Birthday, Ry-Ry!
    We love you~
    Uncle Marc, Aunt Stacy and Tan-Tan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Ryder! What a stud muffin!

    I know how you feel with the labor thing but it's just so worth the gift at the end. What a lucky girl you are to have such a beautiful little boy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Ryder sweetheart. You are so handsome and cuddle worthy =). Bear, I love you for the person that you are and the example you have been to me. You are one of the most selfless people that I know and so understanding and forgiving. I hope to be more like you every day. I love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Ryder! He really is a beautiful boy! It was so good seeing you two at the Suafoa's house. Take care!
    Christie

    ReplyDelete