Saturday was the big day. We woke up early (okay, it was 9:30, but that felt early after our late night) got ready, loaded my car to the max with people, 3rd row and all. And headed out on our merry way...till we hit dead stop traffic. What should have been a little 15 minute ride up the freeway from Kim's house turned into over an hour agonizing wait in traffic with 3 sleepy/hungry kids. Note to self: Go to Apple Hill on a weekday.
Once we got there we had all sorts of fun despite the million and a half people that were there. We had lunch, ate some amazingly delish Sour Cream Apple Pie, rode the horsey's (Ryder's FAVORITE!!!!) Played in the pumpkin patch and lounged on the grass near the fishing pond.
It was a lot of fun. I would like to go up another day this year, preferably a weekday when there are less people so I can buy some apples and apple cider. I went into the Apple House to buy some and got so frustrated with all the people crowding the place I decided it wasn't worth it. I was, however, able to buy a pie and an Apple Cake at the Pie Shack. I had cash so the line wasn't so bad.
Here's a few pic's from our day. Ryder and I went with our friends Kim, Deke and Mike, Kim's little boy Tyler and Mikes little baby boy Mason.








Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!! :) I love Apple Hill.
ReplyDeleteWhat program did you use to do the cool effects on your pictures???
Thats great that Ryder liked the pony rides. Montana didn't...:(
Ryder is so old! i miss apple hill :(
ReplyDelete