Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Wedge, Charlize Theron and skanky girls

Last week sucked.

Lucky for me, I have some awesome friends who know how to take my mind off of the Oh-So-Crappy things I have going on from time to time. I was Ryder-less last weekend (boo!) so my Kimmi told me to fret-not, she would see to it that my weekend was filled with light hearted awesomeness! And that it was!

Friday night I had dinner with Kim, Heather and the soon to be engaged Brian at Bistro 33. Never been there? Go! It's delish! I had the wedge salad. It was fantastic! After dinner we followed to single-Mormon-conformity and went to the dance. The dance was fun, aside from some guys (who thought they were so funny) "stealing" my car, hiding it, then gloating as they watched me search for it all night...okay, maybe that was fun too.

A few pictures from our night...


Heather, Kim, yours truly and Brian
After dinner we had some time to kill before the dance started so we went a little crazy with the camera at Target.
The Jonas Brothers have ridiculous hair.

Then came Saturday. I woke up much too early after a very late night and headed down to Stockton for more wakeboarding fun with Matt and Melissa. It was nice having just the three of us because I got lots of time out in the water. I must say, I'm getting pretty good. Sorry, no pictures, I still dont have a camera.

That evening Kim, Deke and I went over to the El Dorado Hills theater for a movie premier in which Charlize Theron would be walking the red carpet. It was pretty cool. I was literally 2 or 3 feet away from her. She is every bit as stunning in person as she is on the big screen. Though, I expected her to be much taller. I had 5 inch heels on and she and I were about the same height. I was surprised by her petite-ness. I said out loud, but to nobody in particular, "She's not that tall.". The little old lady (okay she wasn't that old, maybe 65) next to me said, "yes, but she is incredibly beautiful." I agreed, then the woman looked at me and said, "You're every bit as beautiful." I thanked the woman for her unbelievably undeserved compliment as I wondered if she was blind, or senile.....or both. Never the less, I took the complement and went with it. It's not everyday someone tells you your as gorgeous as Charlize Theron! It kinda made my night.

My friend Deke took these pictures of my new BFF Charlize...



I don't know who this guy is... something Holly... apparently he's famous. I was told he was in the movie 21.


We were starving after the "star-studded-red-carpet-event" so we walked over to this really great Thai restaurant in El Dorado Hills that I love. We had some Pad Thai, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Duck Curry. Aside from having to peel the skin off the duck, it was all good!


Kim, Deke and I at dinner.


After dinner I met up with Heather, Ryan Anderson and Adam to go see my friend TJ's band play at Harlows downtown. My friend TJ's band, Shadow Box Theory, is awesome. And for those of you who have never been to Harlows, it is a pretty happinin club! Sure, there are a whole lotta skanky, half dressed, totally drunk girls there but I still had a great time. I was wearing (as seen in the pictures from dinner above) a sweater and jeans, not in any way skanky, but I was still getting many "looks" from guys and one guy, who didnt seem to be too drunk, even told me "Now, you are beautiful!" as I walked past. I must have been having a good hair day or something, these kinds of complements dont ever come so freely from strangers, my dad, sure, but strangers, never. But, it got me thinking, of all the skanky half dressed but beautiful girls there at the club, what would even make a guy look or talk to a, in comparison, prudish looking girl like me? I think that modesty has become really over looked by the female gender. I think sometimes a guy might just like it when a girl isn't baring all and leaving nothing to the imagination. You think?

Then Sunday, I love Sunday, except that it means the next day is Monday. Oh how I loath Monday. But I didnt let that ruin my Sabbath. I went to River City Ward and Lake Natoma Ward before break the fast and the fireside. It was a good day.

But, I must say, as fun as my weekend was, the highlight of it all was Sunday night when I had my sweet little Ry-man back in my arms. I missed him dearly! He really is the joy of my life!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you had a great, fun weekend to take your mind off of the stress of work. I'm glad that you have such good friends that can take you out and have a good time. Not so sure Harlow's would allow 2 year olds so even though it would be fun to spend time with you like that on the weekends, I'm very glad you have such great friends.
    And you are beautiful...everyday! I'm glad those few comments helped you to believe it just a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN TIMES! I am so glad that you are able to get out and have fun!! You are one of my many role models as a GREAT single mother! I love you to pieces, and hope we have more BOAT fun!! This weekend looks crummy... blah The weather better start looking better or the Boat will be out of commision!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara! I'm glad you had a good weekend, it was way fun and eventful! Now, what kind of madness shall we do this weekend? We should go splunking!!!

    ReplyDelete