Wednesday, October 8, 2008

An INCREDIBLE date night

I am loving how extra fun Ryder is becoming! He has always been fun, but lately, he has become such a crazy ball of energy. He's like a REAL kid, not a baby. He is a ridiculous amount of fun. He has a little sense of humor. He thinks it's hilarious to make funny faces and give me raspberries. He runs pretty much anywhere he goes. I LOVE IT!!
***
Last weekend Kim and I took our main squeezes out for a fun date night. Because of the rain we had a hard time deciding what to do. Then a friend clued me in on this place in Roseville that is like "Chucky Cheese on crack" (his words). Chucky Cheese on crack? Sounds good to me!! So it was, we headed out for John's Incredible Pizza.
***
Folks, let me tell you a little something about John's Incredible Pizza. It's freakin' INCREDIBLE! We had so much fun! It's all you can eat pizza, pasta, salad, and of course dessert. And, the food isn't like nasty, crusty, been sittin' out all day food. It was actually good food! And the dessert. Oh, the dessert. They have these little fresh donut things that are unbelievable! I could'a eaten like five hundred. But don't worry, I only had like, ehem, ten.
***
Once you get your plate all loaded up with fatty goodness you have your choice of dinning motifs. Given the maturity level of our dates we decided on the Cartoon room. It is full of all things cartoon. Ryders favorite part was Sponge Bob, or "bob" as Ryder says (apparently they are on a first name basis) playing on big screen.
***
After dinner the craziness began. We walked back to the game room. Ryder FREAKED OUT!! He was in heaven. He took off running, I had to chase him down. (Don't worry, I only lost him like twice through out the night.) He just could not contain himself. They have roller coasters, a kiddie drop-zone type ride, a spinney ride (technical term), bowling alleys, kid play equipment, and like a million games of every imaginable variety. Ryder and Tyler ran to each ride/game/fantasticalness, pressing every button on every game on the way.
***
After the boys completely wore us out and Ryder began to wet-noodle, we decided we were done. We took all of our prized tickets that we won through out the night and cashed them in. We had the option to go get some lame-o prize (we didn't have that many tickets-we were playing with a two and five year old after all) or add them to our little credit card type thingy to ride rides and play games next time. Kim and I decided we needed to come back again minus our dates to play all the games, so we decided to keep the credit for next time!
***
I have a couple pictures. But I warn you, these are some pathetic pictures. As you all know, my camera died, and Kim forgot hers, so I went and got one of those archaic disposable cameras. The picture quality is horrible and of the 24 exposers only like 5 or 6 were even bright enough to print. But here they are...better then nothin'....
***
Parents, do your kids a favor, take'em to Johns Incredible Pizza!! You'll earn super-cool-parent points! Promise.


6 comments:

  1. We absolutely love that place. Whenever my side of the family does a night out type of thing, we go there. One day we'll have to all go together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's my favorite duo!?! I actually think the pictures turned out okay. I've been there before with all of Max's cousins and they had a blast too.

    Call me so we can have our lunch date. I know you must be even busier lately so let me know when a good time is for you. We should go to the Yogaberry in EDH:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny Story.... Matt and I went on a double date there with Kevin and his then girlfriend. The pizza was suprisingly wonderful, and it was packed with LOTS of kids!! There was this dessert pizza, and I think I ate the WHOLE thing! So much fun! Glad you were able to double date there too! ~ Miss you and LOVE you! We need to double date to Spag Fag soon! We are in Fresno this weekend for a game (that we are ALL going to YEAH) and we will be back. ~ LOVE IT! ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Sara, we NEED to buy new cameras! No more disposables!!! But it was a super fun night, have we been on better dates? Probably not! I can't wait to go again tomorrow night with our crew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun for you guys. I've heard about that place. Some of my family went there for a nieces birthday and I don't think the place has been the same since. I want to go one day though. Glad you guys had fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that place! You look so good sara!

    ReplyDelete