Monday, December 8, 2008

City of Auburn Parade of Lights

Every year the whole the city of Auburn comes out to watch the annual City of Auburn Parade of Lights. The Placer County Builders Exchange (my biggest book of business) enters a float into the parade every year to promote businesses in the construction and construction supplier industry to join the exchange.

Bob, the Executive Director of the exchange asked if Ryder and I would come join them on the float.

My response... HECK YES! I remember as a kid always wishing I could be one of the lucky people in the parade rather than just some girl sitting on the sidelines. I'm not really the sittin-on-the-sidelines-watchin-the-parade-go-by kinda girl, if ya know what I mean. For that reason I knew Ryder would love it too!

This weekend was Ryders weekend to be with his dad, but Josh (Ryders dad) was nice enough to agree to come out to the parade so Ryder could participate.

We had a blast!

It was freezing cold but totally worth it to see Ryders face light up as our float started down the street. Ryder thought everybody was there to see him. He waived and danced to the Christmas carols blaring from the speakers. He yelled "Ho-Ho-Ho, Merry Christmas" to all as we passed on by.

All in all it was super! I cant wait to do it again next year!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment