Monday, September 22, 2008

Good-bye Summer, Hell-O Fall!

My little Ry-man (I've decided he is getting too old for "baby"...so so sad, plus Ry-man sounds oh so tough. Think "Heman". HELLO!) and I had a weekend that was all kinds of fabulous!

I had a hot date Friday night with the cutest guy around (Ryder). We hit up his favorite restaurant for dinner (McDonalds) then headed over to the mall where I helped him get up on all the latest Fall fashion (love Children's Place!). We stocked him up on sweaters and long sleeved shirts (all 1/2 off or more, love the sales they have there) now that the nights at our house are dropping down in the low 40's. He even gave me a good night kiss followed by an "I love you" once our date was over! Aside from the whole "I-still-wear-diapers" thing he's the perfect man!

Saturday we headed over to Stockton for some much needed wake boarding fun with the Birds! Matt and Melissa's boat has been out of commission for the better part of the summer which was a bit of a bummer so we decided to take full advantage of the great 80 degree weather on Saturday now that the boat is up and running again. It was Ryders first time out on a boat and he L-O-V-E'd it! He thought watching his mommy wake board was the coolest.

After wake boarding I had a couple friends over for dinner and what we call "guys night". Guys night is basically when all us girls get together drink Weinhards Root beer, play Texas Hold'em, eat entirely too much junk food with out concern for calories and talk about "guy" stuff. It's good times.

Then of course Sunday we went to church. Ryder really loves church. This week he was especially excited because we went to Tan-Tan's ward to watch Marc speak and Stacy sing. Both did a fabulous job, but that was to be expected! After church Ryder and I went home and looked through some old Sunbeam stuff that I have and you can imagine how proud I was when Ryder pointed to Jesus and called Him by name. It literally brought tears to my eyes. If I can only teach Ryder one thing and have him truly know and understand it, it would be to have a knowledge of the Gospel and the true unconditional love that his Father in Heaven and Savor have for him. Sometimes as a parent we don't see the rewards for all the little things we try to teach them everyday but once in a while they do something like this and it brings unbelievable amounts of joy. Likewise, last week Ryder and I stayed at Marc and Stacys for the night and I heard Ryder say "car please" in his sleep. I was so proud that Ryder is so polite he even says "please" in his sleep. I laughed and thought to myself, wow, I must be doing something right!

Now that Fall is upon us (today is the first day!) I really feel like I am ready for the seasons to change. I am excited for cool weather, red and orange trees, apple hill caramel apples, apple pies, apple fritters, pretty much apple anything, and Halloween! This Halloween will be tough since I will be with out my main-squeeze (Ry-baby, I mean Ry-man). One of the many oh-so-fun "joys" of divorce-hood, I guess. I'm sad to be missing his first time trick-or-treating and all that but I am going to try to make it more of a positive experience and rather than focusing on me missing my Ryder think about how I am young and single and will have mucho Halloween parties to hit up. But now the big question, whatever shall I be for Halloween?? Any thoughts?

The summer has passed fast! I guess it's true, time flies when you're havin' fun! Who's up for an Apple Hill trip with the kiddos?

7 comments:

  1. I love you!!!!! SO much to comment on in this one =). First and foremost, you are the BEST mom in the world. I LOVE how in love you are with your smoosh!!! Second....I WANT TO GO TO APPLE HILL.....WHAAAAAAH. Being with you and Rye would make it only that much more fun. I think you should go as a flapper....only because I was last year and I never felt cuter in a Halloween costume and HELLO, you are going to meet boys!!!! Either that or wear a cute hat worn slightly to the side with a leaf attached and when people ask what you are just blow the leaf....you're a LEAF BLOWER!!!!! LOL =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you and Ryder had a date night! Too cute. Wish we could have made wakeboarding...I miss getting out there and boarding. It's been a long time, and I don't think you and I have ever been together. Also, thank you SO much for supporting us on Sunday. It meant so much to us both.
    You are an amazing mommy. Ryder is a great little boy, very smart, very sweet, very polite and he owes it to his amazing mommy! :)
    I think you'd make an adorable Tinker Bell. I've seen a picture of someone who did it modestly if you are interested. :) I like Jen's idea too...a flapper would be super cute! How fun that you have a reason to dress up. Maybe Marc and I should have a party this year at some point so that we can dress up. That would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm up for Apple Hill! I love going there, it's my favorite:) I love the Fall. My hormones just started making me hot about 1 month ago so I'm already ready for lower temps!

    I think that Ry- goes w/ anything so you're in luck.

    Are you going to the R.S. broadcast this weekend? Let me know.

    Also, can you make it to my shower?

    Talk to ya soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The broadcast is Saturday @ 5:30 with dinner to follow. We should go together.

    I'm available next Tuesday afternoon. Let me know if that works for you and Stacy. If not, just let me know what works for you both:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! I love going wakeboarding with you!! And HECK YES sign me up for a trip to apple hill!!!!
    And I have a French Maid Outfit and a Tinkerbelle outfit that are going to be out of commission since my FAT belly is NOT going to be cute in them..... just a heads up!!
    Hailey is going to be Tinkerbelle, I will be Wendy and Matty is going to be Peter Pan! YES you heard it! I want some candy this year, so I am going to "whore" out my little princess!!! CANDY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I decided that you and Ryder need to come up here in January so you can show me how to be a good Mommy like you. :) As for Apple Hill, I wish I could go. I miss that place. They have the BEST apple fritters in the world. :)
    For Halloween, I'm either going as a whale or a giant pumpkin. :) I think you should go as this...
    http://www.buycostumes.com/Marilyn-Monroe-Adult-Costume/34438/ProductDetail.aspx
    and maybe I'll go as this...
    http://www.buycostumes.com/Ora-the-Orca-Special-Order-Mascot-Adult-Costume/18085/ProductDetail.aspx
    Ha! Ha! Ha!
    You'll have to let us know what you decided.

    ReplyDelete