Monday, September 1, 2008

Bringin' out my inner country girl...

Let me start by saying...I had an AWESOME weekend! Do you all (all as in all 3 of you) remember the infamous "Speed Dating activity" I posted about a couple months ago? Well, one thing I failed to mention in that post is I actually did meet a really nice guy at that activity. No, not one of the 18 year olds, in case you were wondering. His name is Ryan. I don't usually post about the guys I date, but I had such a fun weekend, and Ryan is such a nice guy, I've deemed him blog worthy.

Ryan and I have been dating for about a month and having a great time. Unfortunatly, he left to head back to Provo today to finish up his last year of School at BYU. Since he was leaving, and this was our last weekend together...at least for a while, we thought we should make the most of it. And we totally did.

Friday, after work, Ryan and I went on an over night fishing trip with his friend Leo and Leo's family. It was so much fun! We chased strippers (fish) all around New Hogan Lake on Leo's boat. Once the sun went down we set up camp on a little island in the middle of the lake. All around the lake we had fishing poles set up over night waiting for the cat fish to bite.

I caught two fish! A stripper that got away :( and a catfish!

Ryan and me on the little island
New Hogan Lake is so beautiful!
My BIG catch. I reeled this fish in then wouldn't touch him. Go ahead, call me prissy...

The next morning I woke up to the sun on my face and Ryan singing. He is such a morning person apparently. We gathered all our stuff then headed back to Leo's house. I came home, got cleaned up, then headed back out with Ryan and his family up highway 88 towards Tahoe. We did some hiking, fishing, drove quads around, had a BBQ, and all around had a ton of fun!
Crater Lake

I'm going to miss Ryan now that he's gone. But I am so glad we got to have this super fun weekend right before he left!!! Thanks Ry!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend. I'm sad that other than Ryder's b-day party we never got to hang out and get to know him better...but he seems like a really good guy! You look gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! You can't take the COUNTRY out of THIS girl! I would not have touched the fish either! HAHA! We'll have to get to know Ryan better if he is back to visit anytime soon! ~

    ReplyDelete