Sad, sad day. My Nikon camera died today. We shared eleven great months together. Such a short life, she was taken too soon. She died of complications from injuries suffered when Denise dropped her in the rocks on the beach several months ago, poor Nikon never fully recovered. Nikon suffered excessive internal injuries. Finally last week, I knew the end was near when the shutter speed slowed to about 10 seconds and the flash was not so flashy anymore. She will be missed. She leaves behind a beautiful memory card and many AA batteries.
Moving on... I need a new camera! Pronto! I have a beautiful little boy to take millions of pictures of! Any recommendations?? I'm leaning away from Nikon, however. I don't know, I kinda feel like my camera should be durable enough to drop in the rocks once in a while, ya know?
Oh, and P.S.~ After 4 months together my iPod died last week... these things always happen in threes. What's next? My cellphone? Now, that might push me over the edge!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ok Sara, I want to know how you find so much time to update your blog?
ReplyDeleteBear, I am sorry for your loss. I did not know her well, but if she was loved by you, she was loved by me (insert giggle). I love you and miss you!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOur lives are identical. My ipod is dead...I SO need a new one. My phone is on its last leg...cracked and scratched in a million places and sometimes chooses when it wants me to here anything on the other end. I'm pushin it to my "New Every Two" upgrade in two months. And then, my camera...well its like a two faced thing. I think its a great camera...I've dropped it SO many times and it still works great. It's a Sony Cyber-shot. But, I actually want a new one too...so that I can take more professional looking pictures. I want the kind with the bigger lens and the quick flash, etc. Maybe one day when I get rich I can afford to by all three devices new!
ReplyDeleteHey! So we have a Sony... and we love it! Well once we figured out how to use it we love it! Hailey has dropped it and it has a few bumps and scratches, but it still works! My recommendation is any camera you can buy at Costco, and to get a camera bag thing! So sad for your little Nikon!! Too bad you can't wait until after Thanksgiving... they have KILLER deals on camera's then!
ReplyDeleteI agree! The deals after Thanksgiving are unbeatable! If you can't wait or don't have another to use, we have an extra you can use till then. It's nothing fancy but it's better than nothing :) Let me know.
ReplyDelete