I have the end-all-be-all solution to all of lifes stresses... 24 hour fitness spin class. I'm a total junky. A "spin-aholic" if you will. Completely and totally hooked. I have been feeling pretty dang stressed out lately with work and single mom-hood and well, you know, crazy life stuff that I'm sure we all have to deal with.
I was feeling especially exhausted today. I tossed and turned all night last night, hardly slept. Then I got up early this morning to run with Stacy before work. And then since today is Tuesday I had to drive all the way to dang Auburn which, by the way, is like an hour and a half from my house. So, yeah, all in all, I was totally out of it. But I am really working hard to lose this last 10 or 15 pounds that has been so seemingly impossible to come off, I am willing to do anything and everything to lose it. Thus, I forced myself over to the gym for spin.
I walked in to the gym feeling tired, hunched over, moving slow and trying to reason with myself that I would feel better after it was over.
I opened the door to class, lights are off, the air conditioner pumping, and the hip hop music in full force. The teacher in all her perfection (little, blond, perfect, hot, skinny, mother of two (she checked her kids into the kids club same time as me.) was already perched up on her bike as I mosied across the room. So it began. The crazy intense hour. The Spin Class hour is both the worst and most amazing, the most painful and most satisfying, the longest and shortest hour of my day. The thing I love most about spin is I really get that "runners" high, or in this case the "spinners" high. I am totally in my zone. My mind clears and all of lifes stresses are gone. It's just me pushing myself to my limit. No other people there adding their opinion, or "spin" on my life. Just me. That's what I love. No 2 year old to chase. No other person to please. Just me.
After the hour is over I get off my bike feeling a new sense of worth. I am standing a little taller, feeling more alive. The blood is flowing. I am energised. The bounce is back in my step. I feel ready to again take on the world.
If you are feeling stress, feeling tired or sluggish, or even depressed or sad I recommend that you get to kNOw the spin zone!
You can thank me later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so is that safe for fat pregos??? Just wondering! ~ ? HAHA ~ Ugh, I still have Ryders present here... I hope to get it to him before he grows out of it! ~ HAHA
ReplyDeleteFirst of all, I am so freaking excited to see you on Friday. It's been forever.
ReplyDeleteSecond, I think it is something about 24-hour fitness. When I joined there I had so much drive and motivation to go. I seriously lost 50 pounds (with that and diet). After I got married I had a next to free membership to the AMAZING facility on OSU campus and I wasn't as excited to work out there. Now where we live we have a free membership to the local athletic club, so I am hoping that I can love working out there as much as 24. Heaven knows I will need it.
I am excited you found something that gives you a release though! :)
Spin is hard girl! I give you props. I haven't done it since that one time with you years ago and the teacher kept concentrating on me because I looked like I was about to keel over and die. I think I was...now that I am working out though more, maybe I should try it. I'm sure I could at least attempt to get through half of it! Way to go! Working out always gives me that high that no one can bring you out of!
ReplyDelete