Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The adventures of scoot

Greeting from IND. I got a call the other day from airline ops to let me know I would be covering a run from Columbus to Indianapolis. So 3:00am I get picked up in the lear and leave from C-bus at 5:00am. Arrive an hour and a half later in IND for a "overnight" (I sleep during the day most of the time). As I type, I'm in the hotel waiting for the call from Ops to see if I'll cover the rest of the run that goes to Cleveland, Detroit, back to Cleveland, Columbus and ends at IND. Fingers crossed for now. Hmm

So you may have noticed I threw a music playlist at the top of the blog. I feel those songs 1.Express my particular interest in music and conveys a little more of who I am, and 2. gives me something to listen to so I don't have to hunt for music on my hard drive. Anyways... hope you enjoy. whoever you are. let me know you do. I hope these aren't empty words from my fingers. ha

Hmm this past weekend I went to a shin dig down in Philly with a guy I know from training. He had a get together at his house which for many different reasons was quite entertaining. I would post pictures of the dude who got his face drawn on, but I'll save his public embarrassment for someone else to do. We went to south central philly to chow down on a cheese steak. Geno's was the name of the place and let me tell you. it was sooooo good. I'm glad the dudes I went with gave me the heads up on the correct way to order. If you have seen the soup nazi episode on Seinfeld, you would totaly understand. Say "I would like a cheese steak with..." and you'll find yourself in the back of the line. If not in english, don't bother going to the back. They won't serve you. So I ordered the "Wizz, with" which means cheeze wizz (weird, but the guys said it was THE BEST) and onions. Yummy. $7.50 for the sandwich but the 15 minute wait was worth it.

Hmm other adventures thus far have been going to manhattan. It's not too bad to get downtown from where I'm at. A 10 minute walk to a bus stop, quick trip across the GWB (George Washington Bridge) and the A train to downtown will be suffice. Thus far I've hit up Time sqaure, which was cool. There are a ton of shops, cabs, people and it smells like the back of a dirty restraunt. I can only imagine going there during the new years how insane that will be! Speaking of holidays, I was out here during the 4th of July and was fortunate enough to see the Macys fireworks on the East river. Ya know, the ones they show on tv. So getting down there was a challenge with all the people. The cops were escorting people onto the JFK after doing a quick pat down. IT was PACKED. like shoulder to shoulder. and it was raining. and humid. Okay, so that might be sufficient for most people. Oh no. Not me. I wanted more! There was a seabase for airplanes/docks for fishing boats and a parking garage close by. ME thinks, hey, I'm a pilot so I should be allowed to where the seabase is at. Wander over to the entrance, flash the cops my green license and boom! I'm on top of the garage with a 2 dozen or so other people. while all the other people are "enjoying" the JFK. Sorry for the silly commentary, but what evs. So anycase, thats cool. Oh yeh. I went longboarding in central park.

Work? Works been pretty good. AS a reserve guy (meaning I go when I'm needed, I don't have a set schedule; except for going to the airport to wait for a call that sometimes comes) I've been pretty busy! I covered a guys run that was gone for a while which was a easy ride from TEB-BUF (hmm I'de say looke em up, but I'll give ya these. Teterboro NJ-Buffalo NY) and then on one day, I got a call for a run to Bradley Field in CT. As for checking out the local scene, sometimes I have a quick turn so there isn't time, but if I want, most places have a crew car I can borrow for a few hours to check out whats happening. Hmm. Let see Donald Trumps Helicopter is flown from the airport I fly out of. Haven't seen the trumpster, but who knows. Annnnnd thats all I got. Picture time!


Hooooo K. So the first picture is A barge that has the fireworks for the 4th. There were three of em and they had a lot of firepower! Next we have an inflight view over Central NY. Some lake which I haven't taken the time to figure out the name of looked cool from the sky. My run started at 4:30 Am so I usually watched the sun rise from the air.

The house I'm living in Fort Lee with my recently purchased 30mpg pickup. Best $500 I've spent so far. Geno's Cheese steaks. Yummy! Next we are looking at Scooter in Time Square along with Central Park.

Lastly a video I threw together of me flying into Buffalo. I put the digital camera on top of the dash and splashed a little Daft Punk for a landing.

Ta-da!











3 comments:

  1. You are a busy boy! I'm so excited that you get to experience all of this. I can hear you say, "Eh...its cool". Haha but I'm glad to see, and read that things are going well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scooter! I love the new post. It's so good to hear (and see!) what's going on in NJ/NYC. You better go out and experience some more stuff for me ok?

    ReplyDelete