Friday, July 25, 2008

Pioneer Day


Yesterday we went to our Pioneer Day Stake activity up in Coloma. It was a lot of fun. There were over 600 people there from our stake. They had food, games, booths with pioneer stuff, line dancing, goats to pet, covered wagon rides, and of course, the best part, snow cones and Cotton candy. It was fun not only to be there for all the fun stuff but it was also fun to see so many people there to celebrate our heritage.
I am so grateful for the great sacrifices the pioneers made for us. They had a vision of the future and faith in God that pulled them through very hard times. They endured persecution, harsh weather, lack of food, or no food, the toll of pulling all they had in a cart through the mountains, many illnesses and even death, either their own death or the death of their family members. My ancestors came over from England, travailed by hand cart from New York down to the Mississippi then over to the Utah Valley in the Robinson Company (either the 8th or 9th company). They sacrificed so much for me. I am eternally grateful to not only my family but all the pioneers for giving their all for our sake.
Knowing all the sacrifices made for me I am inspired to do temple work for so many of them who sacrificed so much but never got to enjoy the blessings of the temple. Now it's our time to work for them.

Lindsay and Ryder in the wagon.

Seriously, the cutest face! I love this kid!

Petting the ram.

Enjoying some delicious cotton candy.

Hot dogs, chili, corn bread and fruit.

Swimming in the river with cousin Lindsay.

Yum!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so bummed that I missed Pioneer Day. Oh well, my sister needed my help so I was happy to be with her. I'll have to wait till next year now.

    I'm so glad I saw you at Target! Can't wait till our yummy lunch this week:)

    p.s. The dating thing was HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete